DTLA DAYS


I'll be the first to admit I didn't always appreciate downtown Los Angeles. In fact, for many years Emil and I completely ignored dtla and spent majority of our time hanging out in West Hollywood, Malibu and Venice. But about 2 years ago, our friends invited us to dinner at Ledlow ( one of our favorite downtown restaurants at this moment ) and after, took us on a mini tour of some of their favorite downtown spots. They took us to the coolest vintage stores, cute cafes and modern art galleries, which made us see downtown Los Angeles in a completely different light. From that point on, we started hanging out at downtown more and more and within a year, it's become one of our favorite spots to be in LA.



Normally, when we take a full day to wonder around all our favorite downtown spots, I like to dress comfortably, which means that most likely you'll find me wearing my off-duty uniform, i.e. jeans and a cute jacket. I've partnered with Lucky Brand for my perfect DTLA look! Today, I paired my high-rise tomboy jeans from Lucky Brand with a burgundy colored moto leather jacket! Aside from the fact that I've always loved pairing navy and burgundy together, what I love about this particular combo is that I can dress it up or down with accessories. Today, I paired these pieces with sneakers for a decidedly laid back, casual vibe, but this combo works just as well for night, dressed up with some high-heel boots and a clutch! Basically the styling possibilities are endless and you know how much I love that!


I think what we love about dtla the most is that it's full off surprises! We keep discovering more and more amazing places to love. So, I thought it'd be fun to share a few of our current favorites with you guys!

WHERE TO GO: We love the Arts District! You'll find amazing art galleries, stylish boutiques, cool coffee shops and restaurants, all in one uber laid-back and stylish neighborhood, and the best part, it's totally walkable! So, if you have a chance, spend a day simply walking around discovering all the amazing little spots it has to offer!




WHERE TO EAT: Though downtown has a number of outstanding restaurants, Ledlow and Bestia definitely being our favorite dinner spots, but for breakfast or lunch, we love coming to Cafe Gratitude! The food is delicious, and the decor is absolutely charming! I particularly recommend trying the French Toast and a blueberry chia seed smoothie!




WHERE TO SHOP: Hammer & Spear offers the most amazing selection of vintage and one-af-a-kind furniture and accessories, unique jewelry, and other charming little treasures like D.S & Durga candles & fragrances, gold foil playing cards and beautiful stationery. Every visit is a treat and I could spend hours wondering around the store admiring how beautifully it is decorated!



Regardless of whether I am looking for a classic like O. Henry's Short Stories, or the latest book on photography, The Last Book is where I head first when I want to add another book to my ever-expanding book collection. Aside from great selection, what keeps me coming back agin and again is the fact that visiting The Last Book store is definitely an experience. Elaborately decorated, if you get a chance, take a tour through the Labyrinth upstairs, you won't be disappointed!







Thank you to Lucky Brand for partnering with me on this post!



LUCKY BRAND high-rise tomboy jeans &Authentic moto leather jacket | CHANEL Boy bag | ILLESTEVA Mirrored Hamilton sunglasses | SAINT LAURENT sneakers 

Labels: , ,